Wednesday, April 6, 2011

exhausted

I'm exhausted. I have been surprisingly insanely busy for someone who is incredibly unemployed as myself. i admit i have NEVER ever watched so much TV in my LIFE- (but i think that has a lot to do with just recently getting a TV hooked up right next to my computer in my sewing room...)

on that note- mad props to Oprah for doing a show all about Veganism! WOW! i would really like to cut out animal products in my life- and this show is very inspirational! she has some chick on the show who is doing a good job convincing me not to eat animals.. http://www.kathyfreston.com

I don't eat beef or pork- but i do eat the very tasty chickens and turkeys and i would be much happier if i could just eat vegetables.

like my old friend Cliff says.. "She doesn't want to eat anything with lips"

...
Today we had some great sunshine so i was able to take some nice pictures of my blue "thing".


I really wanted  to enter this quilt challenge. I already had an idea to make an all blue quilt- so I was already doing some serious hoarding of blue fabric so this challenge was a great opportunity to for me to get this thing done!


I got to combine a few things on my "to-do-list" . I was happy to do the whole blue thing, plus I wanted to try a "mood" quilt like the beautiful ones done by the uber talented Sherri Lynn Wood. Visit her blog here. Her use of color is stunning. 



So this was my first time sewing curves. it was not easy! AND it was my 1st time making continuous bias binding- and holy crap- that was really fun




Even with all the blue fabric I could afford- I still knew it was lacking some "values" so fortunately I stumbled upon this-




It was a little expensive for me-  but i am so glad i got it- i think it helped pull everything together


SO it's done- i'm happy- ready to make another one.

5 comments:

  1. Incredi-blue! I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! - What's the mood? Exhausted? Tranquil? Happy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much! the mood is definitely Blue! i'm making another one soon that will have more colors...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in awe of this quilt, and have been since you brought it to a PMQG meeting a few months ago. It really is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWWW!!! Thank you SO much!!!!!!! that means a lot to me! I'm collecting more blue for my next one!!!!

    ReplyDelete